A program suite for computer simulation
of sound fields in the ocean
If it's interesting for you, e-mail me please
| A program suite for computer simulation of sound fields in
the ocean is a kit of several programs, united in the joint
group and connected between themselves by unified input and output
files. Alongside with well known methods
an original (elaborated by the author) one
of sound fields calculations in laminate as well as 2-D inhomogeneous
ocean. These methods give a wide capability for the regularities study
and forecasting of the sound fields forming in natural conditions, as
well as for the experiments projection and interpreting. The elaborated
method has been found to be especially effective for calculation of
sound reverberation in the ocean. A small illustrative
material, demonstrating this capability, provided in examples of
Two basic methods are used in the program suite.
1. A well-known method of normal waves (modes), enhanced for the event of arbitrary source directivity, is used for computer simulation of sound propagation in the laminate (1-D inhomogeneous) ocean .
2. For the case of 2-D inhomogeneous ocean, an original method of non-coherent ray acoustics (NCRA) has been elaborated. This method gives a number of incontestable adventages in comparison with the traditional ray methods, as follows:
1. Abrosimov, D. I. Computer simulation of sound fields in the ocean. Preirint No 370 of Institute of Applied Physics, Nizhny Novgorod, 1995 (in Rus.).
2. Abrosimov, D. I. Computer simulation of low -
frequency sound reverberation in the ocean. Acoustics Letters, 19, 12, 231-236 (1996).
3. Abrosimov, D. I. Research of low - frequency sound reverberation in the ocean. Proc. of the 3rd European Conference on Underwater Acoustics (ed. by J. S. Papadakis). FORTH-IACM, Heraklion, Greece, 575-580 (1996).
4. Abrosimov, D. I. and Petukhov, Yu. V.
Influence of diffraction effects upon slightly - divergent acoustical
beams forming in ocean waveguides.
Acoustics Letters, 19, 7, 130-134 (1996).
5. Abrosimov, D. I. Non - coherent ray acoustics
method: applicability ranges and enhancement
possibilities. Acoustics Letters,
21, 7, 130-134 (1998).
6. Abrosimov, D. I. and Petukhov, Yu. V.
Pecularities of the sound field spatial interference structure in
shallow water. Acoustics Letters,
21, 8, 161-164 (1998).
© 1998 - 2009
Materials of this web page may be free used in scientific
and educational activities. In case of the use in scientific publications
a reference to the author and this web site required.